The Senior Manager, Global Events, is responsible for coordinating Thinfilm’s annual events strategy in support of the Company’s Sales, Channel, and Executive Management functions. These events typically fall into three categories – industry (attended primarily by prospective buyers/end-users), technology (attended by Printed Electronics and NFC ecosystem partners), and thought leadership (attended primarily by thought leaders in industry, technology, academia and government).
Core duties include 1) conducting preliminary research on prospective events (by category, product, vertical, and region), 2) presenting qualified events to internal stakeholders for consideration, 3) confirming event participation and finalizing list in collaboration with internal stakeholders (according to budget), 4) managing all logistics related to each event (registration, sponsorships, booth, collateral, demo items, presentations, lead capture, etc.), 5) coordinating pre/post event promotion and communication (internal/external), and 6) driving ROI analysis for each event.
The position resides in Thinfilm’s Corporate Communications organization and reports directly to the SVP Corporate Communications.
- Conduct research on potential events (by category, product, vertical, and region) and present qualified list to stakeholders at annual planning kickoff (early Q4) for review
- Within budget guidelines, oversee event selection by each stakeholder and compile final list for participation as exhibitor or for recon
- Identify speaking opportunities key events early in the process in order to secure slots where possible
- Explore sponsorship opportunities for key events and consider related value / ROI
- Implement and execute pre-promotion strategy/plan for each event (email campaigns, social posts, advertising, etc.)
Logistics management and oversight
- Manage exhibition registration
- Ensure delivery of collateral, functional demo items, samples, video loops, and other supporting material
Lead capture and management
- Develop and communicate a general process for effective lead capture at all events
- Ensure that all leads in Salesforce are associated with the event at which it was generated; coordinate with demand-gen, sales ops, etc.
Pre- and post-event promotion and communication
- Develop standardized process and tools to communicate with event attendees re: dates/times, location, conference/exhibition schedule, booth schedule, hotel accommodations, transportation, and other relevant info
- Lead promotion initiatives leading up to event; coordinate social posts with PR firm prior to and during the event
- Compile and distribute brief post-event summary to appropriate stakeholders/attendees that covers event name, vertical, participation, # leads, names of key leads, general observations, etc.
ROI methodology, tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Track leads by event to determine ROI / value of participation over time
- Assign ROI scores / ratings to each event
- Generate “Event ROI Analysis” reports and share with internal stakeholders
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience in management of corporate events, preferably on a global scale
- Strong verbal/written communication skills to maximize collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with external vendors/partners
- Understanding of ROI methodology and analysis
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and grace under pressure
- Adaptable: ability to work under tight timelines (sense of urgency) and changing requirements
- Attention to detail and diligent follow-through with team members
- Experience working with global teams (EMEA, APAC, Americas)
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive
- Experience with Salesforce or WordPress would be a plus
- Travel to events is a key component of this role
- This person in this position may be required to travel up to two times per month to various global locations (primarily US, UK, and Europe)
To apply, please click here.