Thinfilm (www.thinfilmNFC.com) is changing the world. Would you like to be part of it and help get the word out?
Thinfilm enables the Internet of Everything. Our ground-breaking printed electronics technology and software platform bring every day, physical goods to life by leveraging the NFC capabilities in your smartphone. Our solution allows brands to create 1:1 experiences with consumers throughout the customer journey from pre-purchase and beyond. We are the only player in the space offering a complete end-to-end solution in NFC mobile marketing.
We seek a talented communications professional that is passionate about writing, has a strong sense of curiosity along with a knack for creative storytelling. This candidate is expected to produce a high volume of quality content and serve as “the voice” of Thinfilm. The role requires that this individual will work collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to create a range of deliverables that effectively communicate our solutions, key messages, and value proposition.
The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, strategically-minded approach to creating crisp, compelling, easily digestible messaging and content that resonates with the constituents and vertical markets we target. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the digital/mobile marketing landscape; can write in a range of styles and tones that resonate with varying audiences; has a track record of producing significant amounts of related content; and is adept at balancing multiple projects and priorities. Our ideal candidate will use their creativity, strategic communications background, and writing skills to ensure that just the right words capture the attention of prospects, engage our customers, impress our influencers (analysts, media, etc.), and inform investors.
This role reports into the EVP of Marketing and can be located in our San Francisco or San Jose office with travel between the two offices occasionally required.
- Taking a complex idea and making it simple to understand.
- Overseeing all of the written content for our external and internal communications, including, but not limited to:
- Website content
- White papers
- Quarterly and annual financial reports
- Case studies
- Sales materials – decks and one-sheeters
- Social media posts
- Press releases
- Display advertising copy
- Paid Search advertising copy
- Corporate communications
- Thought leadership pieces
- Collaborating with internal and external teams, including our marketing team, sales team, PR firm, and creative agencies.
- Creating and managing an editorial calendar for corporate blog and social media posts.
- Establishing a clear and strong voice for Thinfilm.
- Setting and maintaining brand guidelines for style and tone in written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a communications-related major.
- 8+ years of experience as a copywriter or journalist in traditional, online, or social media for a technology or software company, mobile marketing firm, digital agency, or media organization with a related focus.
- Experience working in technology industries.
- Demonstrable track record of published articles, white papers, positioning briefs, executive summaries, case studies, etc. (expect to provide samples, portfolio).
- Versatility to write content in different styles and tones so that it resonates with a range of constituent audiences – from digital marketing heads to institutional investors to editors of top-tier publications.
- Experience with NFC (near field communication) and other wireless communication protocols a definite plus.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to take a topic with which you may be unfamiliar, interview key internal and external contacts, and produce content that is engaging, accurate and compelling.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong promotional and marketing copywriting skills.
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and grace under pressure.
To apply, please click here.