Thin Film Electronics (thinfilmnfc.com) is looking for multi-talented Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the successful deployment of Thin Film’s revolutionary printed integrated circuit products. Thin Film is developing innovative NFC solutions that are embedded into the labels of everyday products to enhance product security and enrich the consumer’s experience. We are looking for a candidate that can help support the design and prototype activities which can help enable Thin Film’s products. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities including supporting prototype manufacture of Thin Film’s NFC labels, technical drawings and documentation for new products, and the design and modification of mechanical fixtures/tooling to expand our prototyping capabilities. Thin Film is looking for candidates who have demonstrated hands-on capabilities across a variety of areas and can apply creative approaches to solving challenging problems in prototyping and manufacturing. Our group (and the challenges we face) are growing and we need people who can be leaders for their responsibilities and can demonstrate rigorous execution, problem solving, and ownership.
- Support the NFC label development and prototyping process – involves label lamination, die cutting, printing, etc.
- Optimize tooling, fixturing, and sensors for label processes to maximize flexibility in label making capabilities.
- Create CAD drawings (typically 2D) based on Thin Film product designs
- Working with Thin Film’s product development teams to develop new label application concepts
- Resolve technical issues related to label application processes affecting yield and quality
- Provide clear and regular management updates on project status
- Hands-on experience with electro/mechanical-related manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated creativity in problem solving with tooling and fixturing
- Mechanical design experience
- Understanding of sensors and how they are used for manufacturing processes
- Strong layout and CAD experience
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of labels in the beverages, spirits, pharma, food, and other consumable products is a plus
To apply, please click here.