Thin Film Electronics is a global leader in the development and commercialization of printed electronics and smart systems. Our headquarters are in Oslo, Norway. We have offices in San Jose, CA, Linkoping, Sweden and Singapore. Our mission is to bring intelligence and connectivity to everyday objects.
The job opening is for San Jose, CA. In this position, the candidate will be working in Front End Manufacturing, in the Patterning Section. This position is responsible for the development, characterization, and maintenance of equipment for making semiconductor devices on metal foil substrates, including traditional equipment and roll to roll equipment. It requires close collaboration with other engineering staff, manufacturing personnel, and equipment manufacturers. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with the drive to do what it takes in a fast paced in environment, to join the printed electronics industry, with prospects for career growth in the company.
• Work in a cleanroom environment, follow clean room policies and practices.
• Evaluate, install and qualify new equipment to keep up with evolving process technology.
• Develop and execute preventative maintenance routines to ensure equipment reliability.
• Characterize equipment performance and operating condition using SPC tools.
• Develop equipment monitoring procedures utilizing industry standards and creative innovations.
• Develop and maintain FMEA strategies
• Regularly survey and assess process equipment to ensure maximum uptime for operations. Troubleshoot and repair equipment as required.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment. Safely handle hazardous materials by adhering to all safety protocols.
• Become an expert on the toolsets and provide training to others.
• Minimum BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and 5 or more years of hands-on experience in the semiconductor/MEMs/printed electronics manufacturing industries, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Proven history of learning new processes and becoming a technical expert.
• Proficiency with standard mechanical and electrical maintenance tools and techniques.
• Experience with SPC implementation (limit calculation, continuous monitoring and improvement).
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams to solve inter-disciplinary problems.
• Strong technical and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong sense of initiative combined with enthusiasm for tackling challenges and seeing them through to completion.
• Experience on Roll to Roll Screen Print Equipment
• Working knowledge of semiconductor devices and basic processes
• Hands on experience with lithography/ screen print/ laser ablation/ RTP furnace equipment and handling of hazardous chemicals.
• Knowledge of process characterization and measurement techniques.
To apply, please click here.