Thin Film Electronics is a global leader in the development and commercialization of printed electronics and smart systems. Our headquarters are in Oslo, Norway. We have offices in San Jose, CA, Linkoping, Sweden and Singapore. Our mission is to bring intelligence and connectivity to everyday objects.
Thin Film Electronics (thinfilm.no) is looking for an execution-focused Assembly Process Engineer to lead the successful ramp of Thin Film’s revolutionary printed integrated circuit products. In this position, you will be responsible for assuring Thin Film’s products successfully ramp from qualification to very high volume manufacturing with the highest level of quality, flawless manufacturing execution and sustainable manufacturing metrics. In this capacity, you will be interfacing with different cross functional teams from various organizations of the company such as operations, packaging, supply chain, chip design, product management, and quality assurance. You will also be interfacing directly with Thin Film’s manufacturing partners in preparation for the production ramps. This will involve understanding product roadmap requirements, assembly manufacturing, process engineering, and planning.
Thin Film is looking for candidates who have demonstrated their ability to succeed in ramping multiple advanced technology products and who have a strong understanding of what it takes to sustain manufacturing and quality performance after such ramp. Our group (and the challenges we face) are growing and we need people who can be leaders for their responsibilities and can demonstrate rigorous execution and ownership.
- Developing manufacturing processes and managing the ramps from qualification to very high volume manufacturing
- Engage directly with the product groups package development group and business units on NPI to define manufacturing and process readiness for emerging products
- Ensure products are launched in alignment with objectives on quality, cost, capacity, and cycle time
- Resolve technical issues related to manufacturing processes affecting yield, quality, and capacity
- Provide clear and regular management updates on project status
- Thorough knowledge of semiconductor assembly manufacturing including process optimization, FMEA, and SPC
- Expertise in flipchip die bonding, bumping (solder, stud bump, plated Au, plated Ni/Au), wirebonding, conductive adhesives, and dicing
- Experience with RFID products and roll-to-roll processing including label conversion is a plus
- Knowledge of the overall product lifecycle process (NPI, qualification, ramp, production)
- Proven strong collaborative with both internal and external partners
- Strong engineering fundamentals and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong program management, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be able to work across functional boundaries to gather information needed to understand problems, ability to leverage teams and motivate a team environment
- Demonstrated track record of successful ramp to production of complex products
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Understanding of various manufacturing execution system and planning systems is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or other related fields. MBA or MS is an advantage
- At least 5 years of industry experience. With at least 2 yrs hands on experience in assembly process, packaging and/or operations